Monday, September 14, 2015

He's a missionary!

Parker survived the 12 days in the MTC and is on to Houston!
He woke up at 2:40 a.m. to report to the front desk by 3:30 a.m.
They bused them to the Provo Frontrunner Station.  He said it took forever to get from Provo to the airport. He called us from the airport at 7:30 a.m. and we talked for 40 minutes.

He is excited but also a little nervous.

He didn't ask about the US Tennis Open - but I was ready - I even wrote the names of the winners on the women's side.  He was disappointed that I didn't watch any of the matches.  I told him I couldn't even remember which channel was the Tennis Channel - I didn't know they were on ESPN.  Hopefully he will meet someone in Houston that can keep him posted on Tennis - because I don't think I will do a very good job.

There are 24 missionaries going to T.H.E. Mission.
He said he talked with a group going to Lithuania today.  He told them to tell Elder Petersen "Hi" from his big redheaded cousin.

He says he still can't believe he is a missionary.
He loved his district in the MTC.
He is ready and I know he will do the best he can!



No comments:

Blog Archive