Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Welcome to Sunburn - I mean Summer.....

An annual event in our family seems to be the first "big burn" of the summer. In the past this ritual belonged to Preston - but since Preston is actually experiencing "winter" in Rio Gallegos - Parker stepped in to take over the tradition.

A swimming barbeque party with his baseball team on Saturday - turned into a massive "blister fest" on Sunday. He had one so big on his shoulder, in Parker's own words said "Mom, I think I'm growing another head"......

Needless to say- he has been miserable - and the entire house has been reminded more than once - just how miserable he is.

I told him I totally relate! In fact, in my teenage years, we would lather ourselves in Baby Oil and sit in the sun to "bake". I had many great sunburns - which I thought made me look really cool and healthy. Imagine that!!!!!

I knew he would survive (just like I did) and today he is off to Mill Hollow - still with blisters - but at least he can move his arms now!!! I can only wait for the peeling and itching to start.......

No comments:

Blog Archive