Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Meranda Kay...


I didn't forget Meranda's birthday - just forgot to update the blog.

Meranda Kay Wood turned 19 on Saturday, June 20th. She was supposed to be born on June 10th, but her strong will prevailed even before she was born, and she arrived 10 days late. It was a HOT summer day and she was born at 2:00 p.m. - just after General Hospital was over (that's when I use to watch the Soaps).

She was born in the old Holy Cross Hospital (run by the Catholics) and I was a little bit concerned about that. My room was in the non-smoking section - and the smoking section was the room next door.

I was so happy that our little "cabbage patch" was born healthy and strong. The miracle of birth never ceases to amaze me!
I am so blessed to have Meranda for a daughter! She is smart, funny, pretty, patient, loving, helpful, athletic, spiritual, honest, self-motivated, fiesty, humble, etc., etc., etc. SHE'S THE BEST!!!!!!

2 comments:

japetersen said...

She is definitely the best niece, too!

Bing Math said...

Happy Birthday Rwanda. Thanks for being a great cousin! - Haley

Blog Archive