Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Back to School

Getting ready for school is the funnest part of going back. When I was growing up, my Mom made a big event out of school shopping. She would take a couple of her daughters at a time and we would get dressed up and go downtown to shop. We would head to Auerbach's department store and then walk up the street to The Paris, and sometimes would even walk all the way to ZCMI. We picked out three outfits and a new pair of shoes. The best part of the shopping trip for me was lunch in Auerbach's basement. A great hamburger, fries and of course a Cherry Limeade.....it was the best.

I've tried to make the back to school shopping a "special" experience for my own kids - but there is no dressing up and no Auerbach's lunch. I put the amount of money they can spend in an envelope and when it's gone - they're through shopping.

This year Parker and I ventured out a couple of weeks ago. He is a "one stop" shopping kind of person - got everything he wanted at JC Penney's and then we went to the Olive Garden for lunch......

Meranda and I have gone a couple of times - I bought some things for her - she bought herself some things. I haven't taken Preston yet for school - we did some shopping after he got home from his mission - but he did ask for a new pair of shoes the other day. Last Friday we went to Lunch at Litza's - I guess we can count that.....

Today all three of them are officially "Back to School"....it's great!!!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive