Thursday, June 24, 2010

I love my kids.....

I've grown up with my kids. Preston was the first try at motherhood. Being "old" and kind of set in my ways it was hard being told what to do by a BABY - but he did a good job! After the first few months, he was pretty easy. The hardest part was finding a daycare provider that I trusted. He was watched by a variety of people from his Aunt Jackie and Judy to a Brazilian woman named Santina Smith. He has always been an early to bed kid - often times just going by himself when he was tired. Now he is ready to "leave the nest" and start a life of his own with Katie.......

Meranda came along next - my little cabbage patch doll - she was totally opposite of Preston - didn't like to go to bed - which is true to this day. She literally followed in her big brother's footsteps and was not about to be left behind. She walked at 9 months and was toilet trained at 18 months! She played with Preston and his friends all summer long - basketball, baseball, fishing - you name it she was right there! Now she is ready to "leave the nest" and move to Logan and become an Aggie......

Parker was the total surprise - always wanted 4 kids - was lucky to get 3 and had totally given up on that. Then we decided to build a new house - and Parker decided to join the family! I dreamed about the dark haired baby boy I was going to have - yeah right - the first two had very little red hair. Much to my surprise - he was my dark haired baby - with beautiful brown eyes. He has yet to decide what his passion is - but he is a good boy, a good student and is very social (i.e. a chick magnet)! He is "not ready" to be the only child at home......

So yes I have grown up with my kids - they have taught me patience and unconditional love. I would do anything for them. I'm happy when they are happy and sad when they are sad!

Evan calls me the "MOMMA BEAR" - not a bad thing to be!!!!!

1 comment:

japetersen said...

Very nice --
I love your kids, too.

Blog Archive