Monday, July 25, 2011

Still No Dead Horses


On our way to Monticello, we took a detour to Dead Horse Point. It was a little further than I remember, but well worth the drive.

There were people there speaking French - I wish I could have talked to them. Parker couldn't believe that people would come all the way from France to Moab, Utah on vacation.









I don't do well with heights and my heart was pounding. Parker on the other hand was laughing at me.








The last time we were in Moab was in 2002 during the winter Olympics. Parker was just a little 5 year old and had no fear - bending over the rock wall looking for the dead horses.

Fast forward to 2011 - Parker is now a tall 14 year old - still bending over the wall. Notice the addition of new rock. Apparently in 2002, a legislator decided the wall needed to be higher. Was that because of Parker? I wonder.


No comments:

Blog Archive