Thursday, April 18, 2013

Retail Training

Last night we went to get Parker's tennis racket strings replaced and had about an hour to wait so we visited the Red Zone, Nike, Pier 1, Bed Bath & Beyond and the Dress Barn.  Retail people are a unique group.  They apparently all take the same training course "Let me know if I can help you".

By the time we got to the Dress Barn - we had been in and out of the car and my hair was a total mess and I probably looked stressed out.  After looking for about 5 minutes - in the "fat lady section" a cute young girl came up to me and said "Is there anything I can help you with".  I responded "No, I'm just looking".  She stood there for a few seconds when she finally said "I really like your hair"......

I should have said - YES -- you can help me...
"Help me lose 20 pounds" -
"Help me look 10 years younger" - and finally -
"You've got to be kidding....my hair is a mess!" 

I got out to the car - told Parker - and we had a good laugh!!!!!

1 comment:

japetersen said...

This made me laugh out loud!

Blog Archive