Tuesday, January 20, 2015

January 20th

Today is my Birthday.  I know - it's weird to post about myself.  But this isn't really about me.  It's about good parents, a good husband and awesome children and now a beautiful grandson.

In case you didn't know, January 20th is also the day of every presidential inaguration.  I remember sitting in school watching as a new President took oath and usually wearing a new outfit that my Mom gave me. 

My Mom always gave great presents.  I remember the year I got a white cardigan and a red pleated skirt.  One year I came home and found an organ in the living room.  January birthdays are kind of a let down after Christmas.  When I got older, Mom would take me shopping to look for a present - hard to do when the stores basically had whatever was left over from Christmas - but it was always a good time. 

Whenever my family asks me what I want for Christmas or my Birthday - I give the standard answer "A Happy Family".  That is the honest truth.  I want a happy, healthy family.  I want them to know that I love them and want them to be the best they can be.  They bless me every day of my life!  Maybe it takes birthdays - or other special days - to help me stop and reflect on that.



No comments:

Blog Archive