Friday, April 25, 2008

Tragic Loss....


When I heard the news that a missionary had been killed in Brazil by a "hit and run" driver, I immediately thought about Preston and was thankful he was safe. Today I read Elder Knoop's obituary and it really hit me hard. He was the same age as Preston, was a great athlete, and a wonderful son. He also has a sister, Marnie, who is a swimmer. Wow - I've had tears in my eyes all morning.
You see, Meranda has been competing against Marnie Knoop in swimming since she was 11 years old. Meranda's specialty is the butterfly - just like Marnie. We didn't really like Marnie - thought she was kind of snotty - afterall she lived in Park City - but transferred to Skyline to swim!!
I now feel a real connection with the Knoop family and I know how they must feel at this time....

3 comments:

japetersen said...

I am never more saddened by any other report on the news.

Lauren said...

I couldn't agree more. And yes, I thought of my missionary too and how glad I was that he, and Preston, and Peter were all safe.

mad dog said...

This news was heartwrenching. It really hit home for me, too. I can't stop thinking how hard this must be for Marnie and her family. I hope she still feels like swimming.

Blog Archive