Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas Card Dilemma.....

My Christmas card tradition is to send a picture of my family. I do this because I send to friends and family who don't see my family on a regular basis. Unfortunately, my immediate family (who does see us on a regular basis) also receives the card - which I don't know if they like it or not - but oh well.

I have also been known from time to time to send a family update - a recap of the year - whatever you want to call it. I remember one of the first ones I sent was pretty detailed - others have been very brief - and I don't always send this part of the card to my immediate family becuase they pretty know what has been going on with us and I don't want to bore them or make them think we are really special.

So the dilemma is what to do this year.....do I send just the family photo.....include a long recap of the year....or just some of the highlights.......

Yesterday we received two contrasting cards. The first I opened was from a friend I went to the 'U' with. We had every accounting class together. I went to his wedding....he came to mine....we have seen each other at CPA functions....etc. So his card this year came with pictures of his kids....and a recap of their year. As Meranda was reading it out loud, it made us all laugh at how detailed it was....from talking about their daughter's excellent soccer and friendship bracelet making skills....to their son's hope to compete in Lacrosse his senior year without injury (torn ACL) or illness (mono)....and finally to their oldest son's battle with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and his spiritual awakening!!! It was entertaining but a little too much information.....

On the other hand, the other card was from Geniel.....cute card....cute picture of Emily....and the family update "2009 Family Highlights....I can't remember....."

I wonder.....both were entertaining.....which method will I choose???.

2 comments:

Bing Math said...

Stop thinking about it or it will be Christmas already!!!!!!

I don't like the super detailed updates. I think they give out way too much information.

japetersen said...

I like both styles -- do what you want to do --
Judy

Blog Archive