Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas 2011

This year Christmas was good but different - the first Christmas without Mom. She loved Christmas! It was her holiday. She loved giving to others! She loved spending time with her family! Every year I know I would tell her - Mom you do too much! Last year I remember thinking that she needed to scale back, but I knew how happy it made her and didn't ever tell her that she needed to.

It's crazy that you don't know what will happen during the next day, let alone the next year. I knew Mom's time was short. I knew how sick she was and how crappy she felt. But she just kept doing and did it until the very end!


Last Christmas was crazy - just like every other Christmas. This Christmas was also crazy - but I found myself more thoughful - more emotional - missing my Mom even more than ever!


Dad wanted to try and do many of the same things as Mom had done during Christmas. It was important to him and he started thinking about it in October. He still did socks, he still did the Sam's supplies. we had Christmas Eve dinner and a feast on Sunday! He wanted the young grandkids and great grandkids to have presents! He gave to the neighbors and Jerry Crawford.

Mom's love of Christmas continued this year. It was different without her being here - but I don't think any of us went through the day without thinking about her!

No comments:

Blog Archive