Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Does this make us "Creepers"?

One of our favorite shows to watch is House Hunters on HGTV.

Well - last week was a new episode in SALT LAKE CITY, UT!!! Imagine that......

A young couple looked at 3 houses - first in their target area of Sugarhouse - a 1920's bungalow with just about everything they wanted - except a 2 car garage and potential repairs - and it was at the top of their price range.

The second house was in Daybreak - a newer home - lower price - with everything except a backyard. The husband loved it - the wife didn't - thought it was too "cookie cutter".

The third house was in Murray. It didn't have everything they wanted - but they liked the location and it had a yard an 2 car garage. It also had a lot of work to be done.

Well - they ended up picking the house in Murray - wouldn't have been my choice. Parker said that he didn't think there were any nice houses in Murray - but I told him there were and that Murray wasn't that bad.

So on Sunday we went for a ride - to Murray - and guess what.....WE FOUND THE HOUSE!!!! It was just as ugly as it was on TV - we felt kind of weird and drove by it several times. Parker thought it was kind of creepy....I thought it was hilarious! After that - I did show him some of the nicer homes in Murray....he was quite surprised....but he's not ready to move to Murray.

2 comments:

Annie said...

I think it's pretty funny that you found the house. And the chick thought daybreak houses were too cookie cutter? I wonder if she drove through my brown house neighborhood - that's cookie cutter.

Emily said...

I don't think your creepers at all. I love that you found the house. I am really curious now about the location of this house. Devin and I love a home that is right behind the Mazda dealership on the east side of state street. It is half a million. Let's just say that is out of our budget.:) I love that show too.

Blog Archive