Thursday, February 26, 2009

The saga appears to be over!!!

The story of the stolen debit card is finally brought to a conclusion, but not without multiple phone calls and emails. I've become good friends with Elder Whitmer in the mission home and he now knows how to make an international collect phone call.

Even though I am a joint account holder with Preston, the bank had to talk to him because it was his card that was stolen. Everytime I called the bank, of course, I got a different person and had to explain the situation over and over.

So today, Elder Whitmer had Preston come to the mission home office and they were going to make the call to the bank. Of course surprise, surprise, the number didn't work. I get a call from Elder Whitmer, give him another number. Which they try and it doesn't work. I'm not in my office so I tell them to give me 20 minutes to get there so I can call the bank. While I am on the phone with the bank, Elder Whitmer calls me (again) on my cell phone, so we proceed to have a conversation between me and the bank and Elder Whitmer. They give us a number to call collect - which Elder Whitmer doesn't know how to do, and which Christine the bank person doesn't know how to do - go figure! Anyway, we all hang up and hope that they can figure out how to make the collect call.

About 10 minutes later another call from Elder Whitmer, they did make the call, Preston talked to the bank and everything seems to be settled. They have put the money back into the account and reversed the bank charges of about $125.00! While I have Elder Whitmer on the cell phone, Evan calls on my work phone - so another 3 way call.

I ask Elder Whitmer if Elder Wood is there. "Yes" I ask him to tell Preston that I love him - long pause - "Elder Wood your mom loves you". I hear Preston laughing in the background. I ask Elder Whitmer if Preston's face is turning red. He replies "His face is always red". Again, I hear Preston laughing in the background. I ask him to tell Preston that his Dad loves him. "Elder Wood your dad loves you." Again laughter in the background and this time I hear Preston say "I love you too".

I guess in a way I got to talk to Preston today in Argentina! It was crazy - but fun!!!!!

3 comments:

mad dog said...

Cool! (The part about "talking" to Preston is cool!)

Bing Math said...

That's great! He's a good boy! (Just ask Parker to laugh, though, they do it identically.)

japetersen said...

What a story for the memory books!

Blog Archive