Thursday, December 16, 2010

Reality Town

I volunteered to help HGH's Reality Town today - quite interesting. I was in the "Bank" booth - helped kids with deposits and checks, etc. The woman sitting next to me was from Cyprus Credit Union. After she worked with a couple of students, I was kind of surprised about how confused she seemed helping the kids with their check register. So I asked what she did for the credit union, her response "Just about everything". Okie dokie.....that's why I don't bank at Cyprus Credit Union. (A side note, as she was gazing at my red hair, she asked where my son got his red hair?????)

The kids were given their "job/salary" based on their GPA last term. They also earned extra money if they dressed up for their job. Not hard to figure out which students had the good jobs and salaries!

I felt bad for the girl who was a trash collector - but it didn't seem to bother her.

One boy tried to join the Military for extra money - but he didn't pass the test.

Parker was a Human Resource Manager and had a Masters Degree - pretty impressive and I could actually see him doing this in real life. He was also a divorced father with sole custody of his 7 year old son. He was telling everyone that his ex wife was a druggie and was in rehab!

Parker finished visiting all of the required booths and started answering the extra questions - and a group of his friends gravitated to the bank and did the same thing!

It's not hard to tell which kids will be successful in life.........

1 comment:

Bing Math said...

sorry about your druggie ex-daughter in law, but I like Cyprus Credit Union

Blog Archive