Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Mom


Words cannot express the love and appreciation I have for my Mother. She was the best.

Her greatest possesions were her family and she loved each one of them for who they were. She loved Preston and was proud of him serving a mission. She would tease him that he wasn't so tough and that she could take him down in a minute. She couldn't believe that he would choose to be married at 8:30 in the morning, but she and Dad were the first ones to the temple.

Meranda was her redhead. She loved her long beautiful red hair. She loved it when she would curl it and wear it down. Meranda was a lap sitter and would always find Grandma's lap to sit on. As an adult, she would sit next to Grandma and hold her hand. She was Grandma's ball player and she loved watching Meranda play!

Parker totally cracked Grandma up! He would make her laugh and forget about how crappy she felt. She thought he was so good looking. He loved swimming in Grandma's pool and she loved yelling at him while he was swimming.

Evan felt like Mom and Dad didn't think he was good enough to marry their daughter. But they grew to love him for who he was. They saw what a good husband, father and son he was and appreciated that about him. Mom would ask him to do things and she knew he would do it in a heartbeat and that it would be done the way she wanted.

I was Mom's last daughter to get married and we spent a lot of time together as adults. When I got married, she told me she was losing her best friend. There were times when I didn't feel like I was a very good daughter. It has been difficult seeing her struggle during the last year. I had the opportunity to help them at their doctor appointments - three times during January - and sometimes it was exhausting! Friday morning I spent a couple of hours with them at the doctors office. Mom was in a bad way and Dad was very concerned. I think we both knew her time to leave us was near but we would be there for her as long as she needed us!

I was so grateful for the time we spent with them as a family on Thursday night. Meranda had driven down for my birthday and we all ended up at Mom's house with ice cream cake. She felt like total crap but she laughed and popped off. I am so thankful we were able to spend that evening with her as a family. It is something I will cherish for ever!

Mom was an amazing woman. I know she is watching over us and will be forever!

I love you Mom!

2 comments:

Annie said...

Thank you Cindy. This was really nice to read.

Bing Math said...

Thanks, cindy. You're a good aunt.

Blog Archive