Sunday, August 31, 2008

My new shoes...


I was inspired by Annie and found me some new red shoes - quite brave for an "old woman". Actually, I have always been somewhat of a "shoe horse". I have owned both red cowboy boots and red snow boots. I have owned red, white, navy, brown, black patent leather, purple, pink, gold, and silver shoes. When we moved from our house on Janette Avenue to our house on Coley Circle - I probably owned at least 3-4 dozen pairs of shoes. We had quite a bit of help when we moved and someone put all of my shoes in "garbage bags" to move to the new house. Well, somehow the shoes ended up going to the dumps. Evan was never very fond of my red snow boots and as he tossed a garbage bag - the red boots fell out - he thought it was great I was finally getting rid of the red boots. He didn't know every pair of shoes I owned were gone. I have never quite replaced all of those shoes - but that's okay - they probably wouldn't even fit me now!!

2 comments:

Annie said...

oh I love the shoes....there is just something about RED shoes, isn't there?

I forgot about your great loss when you guys moved - that was sad.

I also remembered that you gave me my first ever pair of silver shoes when I was probably 8? I wore them so much that the silver wore off and they were green underneath.

Oh how I loved those shoes.

Bing Math said...

I remember the gold shoes. I also remember that you had a separate pair of shoes in the rabbit that you would switch into and drive with. You would take us home from church sometimes after you finished playing the organ.

Blog Archive