Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Kind of Every Other Day!!!

My goal of posting every other day in November has not been 100% - but close. But like most of the goals I have, that doesn't mean I can't get back on track.

Reading Annie's blog makes me feel like I'm not much of a writer - I guess that's why I chose to be an accountant. We do write - but it's usually factual - not much of a story involved. I am truly a numbers geek. Just ask my family.

I calculate things in my head. I count my steps as I am walking and know how many steps it takes to walk a mile. I count the stairs to the basement everytime I go down them. When I watch a softball or baseball game, I like to have a scorebook to keep track and I calculate batting averages after a game for every player. I balance my checkbook every month. I used to pay exactly 10% tithing - now I will round up to the nearest dollar (that was a huge step for me). I can whip out an income tax return in nothing flat. When on a road trip, I calculate what the odometer should be when we get there.

So no I'm not the best writer, but as far as numbers go I can hang with the best of them!

3 comments:

Annie said...

I count steps. When I was teaching at Hunter, I could walk with my eyes closed to the front office because I knew the steps - and I knew how many steps to the stairs - and the number of stairs.

It was 250 to Claudia's desk from my classroom - in case you wanted to know.

Bing Math said...

I'm the math teacher and I don't do that. You guys are crazy!

japetersen said...

I count steps and stairs too, but I never balance anything. If I am close on the check book by $100 I fell pretty good.

Blog Archive